NOTE TO READERS: Due to the short week I had from my last weekend fiasco, the FRIDAY FIASCO post will not be available for this week.
(Part 3:The Art of BEING in my Own Business)
Thanks to the community of readers and commenter’s and a few thoughts from Ginger and me, we have created a series of articles about control. We have discussed what is not in our control, what is in our control, and now – how to let go.
Have you ever tried to let go of: your child’s hand on a busy street, a $100 bill for a non-fat latte, a lotto ticket that has winning numbers, or an injustice suffered by your much beloved spouse on the job? It’s not easy.
Things get sticky, glued, tight, wedged, fixed, chained, hooked, pinned; life get’s stuck.
Well today is your “let-go” day! Get ready to celebrate with my top seven suggestions for letting go without getting lost.
TOP 7 TIPS FOR LETTING GO:
7. Write letters of release to those that have wronged you.
What you said in the staff meeting last month has been bugging the *&^% out of me and I have a few choice comments for you….
Once completed, read them over. Laugh, cry, cuss or spit, but then, LET IT GO. (Don’t Mail It)
6. Clean out unrelated garbage and watch how YOU change.
Go for the garage, the closet, the trunk of your car, the storage locker or your desk drawer. Clean it out; throw away what has passed, and give away excess and live light and lean, and then, LET IT GO.
5. Make a list of all the things you regret.
Be thorough. Go back to the list several times until it’s exhaustive. Failed relationships, the shoes you should have bought, the house you lost, the job you passed by, or the kiss you stole. Write how you feel about your regrets now, and then, LET IT GO
4. Call up loved ones and tell them how much they mean to you.
Those closest to us can certainly give us reason to control. But you’re on a LIG mission, so you want to give them permission to be themselves, while you are honoring yourself. Love them for who they are, even if they don’t offer you the same in return, and then, LET IT GO.
3. Ask yourself and then write down what are the most meaningful things in your life and next to the item write a number from one to ten, one being the minimum and ten the maximum. How much energy do you invest in each of the meaningful items in your life? Do you like what you see? Is anything or anyone being neglected? Focus on what is important in your own estimation and then, LET THE REST GO.
2. Decide that one day a week will be the day you focus on all the things or people which you are letting go. On this day, you give thanks all day for the power in you to focus on what brings you life and peace and goodness, and to let go of all that hinders you in your life. Keep a journal about this day – watch for progress in how you feel, and keep LETTING IT GO.
1. And the number 1 tip- BE TRANSPARENT. Think like the wind or clouds and become that transparent. What comes at you, simply finds no resistance. You allow it to come, and go, without judgment or the need to censor. You just watch it, as though you are an observer of your feelings and actions, and decide to be without resistance. You can choose to allow others to be themselves without it defining who you are, or what you are worth, and then you can LET IT GO.
Of course, we would all love to hear your tips. How do you find the moxy to let it go today, and when it comes back later on to see if you changed your mind?
In the Grace of the Moment,